Last updated on: 27th March 2007
mailnspace respects the privacy of every individual who visits its web sites and uses its services. This privacy statement provides notice of the standards and terms under which mailnspace protects the privacy of information supplied by visitors to sites on the World Wide Web that are owned and operated by mailnspace, including www.mailnspace.com. This privacy statement provides notice of our information collection practices and of the ways in which your information may be used. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically to review this information.
Personally Identifiable Information:
mailnspace typically receives specific data about its Web site visitors only when such information is provided voluntarily, such as when our visitors request information, purchase or enroll for services, provide resume information for employment opportunities, or send us e-mail. Of course, some of these activities require that you give us information, such as when you make a purchase, use a credit card or electronic payment service to pay for mailnspace services, submit your resume, or request certain types of information.
We collect the following types of information about you.
- Postal Address
- Zip code or postal code
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Internet domain name
Internet Protocol (IP) address for fraud-prevention purposes
When you provide personally identifiable information to mailnspace through one of our Web sites, it will be used to fulfill your specific request. However, mailnspace reserves the right, in its discretion, to send you bulletins and other important information about your mailnspace services.
mailnspace currently only sends service communication e-mails through www.mailnspace.com, and does not send marketing e-mails or newsletters through www.mailnspace.com. The service communication e-mails are essential to our registering you for service and to our continuing provision of services to you. Therefore, you may not opt out of receiving these e-mail messages.
mailnspace will not, however, sell, trade or otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information unless we are authorized or legally required to do so or in the case of imminent physical harm to any person. On those mailnspace sites where you may provide mailnspace with credit card, electronic payment service, or other ordering information via the web, mailnspace protects and secures this information by employing commercially customary web-based security and encryption protocols, an example of which is the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). On those sites where you voluntarily offer any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like, mailnspace will treat that portion of the information as non-confidential and non-proprietary and, except as otherwise expressed in this privacy statement, mailnspace assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure.
Non-Personally Identifiable (Generic) Information:
In general, mailnspace gathers some generic information automatically. Generic information does not reveal the identity of the visitor. It usually includes information about the Internet address assigned to your computer, the number and frequency of visitors and the mailnspace sites visited. mailnspace gathers this information for the limited purpose of determining customer service and web site needs. We accomplish this by using certain technologies, including “cookies” (a technology that can be used to provide the visitor with tailored information about mailnspace services). mailnspace does not combine information collected in this way with any personally identifiable information. You can set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and you can refuse it. However, refusing some cookies may make it impossible to use or navigate the mailnspace web site properly, partly or fully.
Your mailnspace-Hosted Web Site, Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third Party Sites:
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. We do obtain the customer's consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
The Live Chat system that mailnspace uses for customer support is a one-on-one chat. mailnspace owns or licenses the Live Chat software and operates it on mailnspace’s server and network. No third party collects any information that you provide through the Live Chat system. mailnspace may retain and use logs of the Live Chat sessions for any of the following purposes:
- to analyze and resolve system problems;
- to compile and update frequently asked questions (FAQ) and entries in the customer support Knowledge Base;
- to report problems to and obtain technical support from mailnspace’s vendors, suppliers or service providers;
- to train personnel providing support to customers via Live Chat;
- to evaluate the job performance of personnel providing support to customers via Live Chat;
- to measure the effectiveness of Live Chat in providing support to customers;
- to improve the quality and effectiveness of Live Chat in providing support to customers; or
- to perform any other internal task related to providing services to mailnspace customers, provided that performance of the task does not require disclosure of any of the contents of a chat session without the customer’s prior permission.
Exceptions and Limitations:
Notwithstanding the foregoing and in compliance with applicable laws, mailnspace
For the limited purposes of accomplishing such cooperation and measures and in compliance with applicable laws, mailnspace may be required to disclose personally identifiable information.
- cooperates fully with government/semi-government officials in any investigation relating to any content (including personal or private electronic communications transmitted to mailnspace) or purported unlawful activities of any user of the mailnspace Service, and
- takes reasonable measures to protect its proprietary rights.
In addition, mailnspace may elect to monitor the areas of communication of any kind
- to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request;
- if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate mailnspace’s business; or
- to protect the rights or property of mailnspace or others.
Sale or Transfer of mailnspace’s Stock or Assets:
In connection with the potential or actual sale or transfer of any of its interest in www.mailnspace.com and other sites owned by mailnspace and any of the assets or interests of the owner/s, mailnspace reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including, but not limited to, name, address information, and other information you provided to mailnspace) to a third party that
To the extent it is practicable to do so, this paragraph shall also apply in the event of any bankruptcy proceedings involving mailnspace.
- concentrates its business in web hosting or communication products or services;
- agrees to be mailnspace’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of information collected and maintained by mailnspace; and
- agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
In the event that mailnspace plans to transfer your information to a third party incident to a potential or actual sale of any of mailnspace’s assets or stock, or incident to any bankruptcy proceedings involving mailnspace, mailnspace will:
- Notify you by e-mail, at the e-mail address then on file for your account, at least thirty (30) days prior to the transfer taking place; and
- Give you the opportunity to decide whether you wish for your information to be transferred to the third party. Please note, however, that if you choose not to allow your information to be transferred to the third party, you may have to terminate or cancel your service with mailnspace. At the time of providing notice to you of the upcoming transfer of information to a third party, mailnspace will tell you whether you will have to terminate or cancel your service, should you decide not to allow mailnspace to transfer your information to the third party.
AS A MATERIAL CONDITION OF USING THIS WEB SITE OR mailnspace’S HOSTING SERVICES, OR BOTH, CUSTOMER AND mailnspace AGREE THAT THE USE OF THIS SITE IS BOUND AND GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF INDIA AS APPLICABLE IN MUMBAI, REGARDLESS OF WHERE CUSTOMER MAY RESIDE, ACCESS THE INTERNET OR CONDUCT HIS, HER OR ITS BUSINESS.
MOREOVER, CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT mailnspace RECEIVES AND STORES PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON SERVERS LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. FURTHERMORE, CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO SUCH FLOWS OF HIS OR HER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS FROM HIS OR HER COUNTRY TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS LOCATED OUTSIDE INDIA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
mailnspace’s web site and services are operated by mailnspace services, existing in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. mailnspace’s site and services can be accessed by visitors and customers from countries around the world. Such countries may have different laws with respect to internet communications, the formation of contracts, consumer protection issues, privacy and the transfer of personally identifiable information.
Changes in this Privacy Statement:
mailnspace reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, in it sole discretion so please review it frequently.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information:
If your personally identifiable information changes or if you no longer desire our service, you may send an e-mail to our Customer Support.
Sharing of Information:
We may share customer information with selected partners and third parties to provide you with our product and service.